News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lancashire Fusiliers badge

• 2 months later...

doesn't look too good to me, a poorly stamped copy IMHO

Thanks, I've still not had it in my hands but it came with a group of medals I bought a while back. I'll be collecting them when I get back home in March.

Tony

• 1 year later...

Looks okay to me.........

Cheers Leigh.

I now have the badge with me and it feels nice and heavy in the hand. It came with this little lot http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=6886...hl=albert+evans and a few weeks back I managed to buy his plaque so have my first reunite. I'm going back home for the weekend next week and will pick it up.

Tony

Some people dismiss all tapered sliders out of hand as fakes, some years ago a faker used tapered sliders, but not all badges with them are fake. And I think it was "FM BHAM" who producrd genuine badges with manufacturer marked tapered sliders.

• 2 months later...

Even the most common badges are faked nowadays, the existence of original old dies no doubt helps make current production of common badges economical for the replica / fake manufacturer. It's a bit of a surprise to think that cap / beret badges to the LF ceased to be worn for coming up 50 years ago.