News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ss Officier and EM help

Hi

Was wondering if anyone has or knows where i can get a picture of SS Brigadefuhrer Franz Vogelsang and Ernst Vogelsang.Also looking for any civil or military service info. on both (i.e. units they served in). Thanks in advance Jay

Franz Vogelsang SS #337 798

Ernst Vogelsang SS # 472 577

Guest Rick Research

Franz Vogelsang, born 22 September 1899, NSDAP # 544,838 (1931) was not even an Untersturmf?hrer as of 1 December 1937.

Shown as Oberf?hrer 21.12.39 in the 1942 SS Seniority List (WW1 EK2, Hindenburg Cross X) and SS Brigadef?hrer 30 January 1943 in the 1944 List (added KVKs with Swords 1st and 2nd Classes) both THOSE lists show him as "on the Staff of SS Oberabschnitt West" headquartered at D?sseldorf--

basically, meaning he was a lounge lizard with SS rank but no SS duties.

He is shown as "Regierungs Pr?sident" in both those Lists, meaning he was head of civil service administration in one of about 28 (if I remember correctly) German administrative districts. He should turn up in some sort of reference as a provincial administrator. I'd assume he was someplace that got bombed regularly for somebody like him to have KVKs with Swords, so perhaps a google serach (I never have any luck with those) will turn up press references to him.

He should have been in the newspapers all the time. Somebody just turned up a small-dorf Nazi mayor for me that way, from nothing but saving his hometown poet's statue from a wartime scrap drive!

Thanks Rick

Thats almost the same has i have found on this guy,but was wondering if he ever had any SS duties.You dont know where i can find a war time photo of him do you.The only photo i have is a copy of a copy of a miro film picture.Again thanks for the help. Jay

Guest Rick Research

I doubt he ever did anything but wear the uniform on dress up occasions. Your best bet is to find out which region he was the Regierungs Pr?sident of and hope for helpful online local newspaper sites of the time. He;d have been front row center at occasions--hence the snazzy uniform.

Can you please post the photo? How and where did you find the microfische photo?

I am trying to find one for someone I am researching as well.

Rick,

How do I find the newspapers that you made mention to? I bet that the person I am researching would have been in the local papers at least once?

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul I got the info from Mr. Mike Constandy at Westmoreland Research.They are based in Alexandria Va.He was very helpful on a few Officiers that i was researching. A very nice and helpful person.If you need his email just let me know.Jay