News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Royal Canadian Mounted Police badges and uniforms

This is the holster and magazine holder that they now use with full dress. I believe they were introduced in 1996 when the RCMP started using an automatic pistol instead of a revolver.

This is the holster and magazine holder that is used since 1996 with service dress.

Edited by Paul L Murphy

An interesting bandolier that is dated 1941 with a maker mark for Johannesburg. The RCMP wore a bandolier with service dress from the 1930s to about the 1950s but I suspect that this probably belongs elsewhere and got mixed up in the collection.

Mervyn, have you seen this type of bandolier before in South Africa ?

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2010/post-1487-126722904633.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2010/post-1487-126722905332.jpg

Paul, with the late date it shows the pattern continued for a long time. The British had several types of bandoliers in the Boer War - this being one of them - the ends of the cartridges protrude through. The Boers had a similar cross belt, but to fit the Mauser ammo..

I thinke we have one - will photograph and they can be compared. However, I don't want to spoil this valuable post - which I can see becoming the ' go to' for RCMP equipment. It was good that Craig agreed to 'pin' - at least we will be able to find-it.

Up until 1964 Mounted Officers (ie ranks from Inspector and above) wore a whistle on the cross strap of the Sam Browne belt. Here is a nice example of such a belt, with the holster and the officer pattern ammunition case. The officer pattern case has the closing flap coming from below, rather than the constable's pattern in one of the previous posts.