News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identification of US patch

Great Dane

I found this patch in a tin box containing papers (award documents, letters, newspapers, etc.) from a guy who served as a doctor onboard a hospital ship during the Korean war. I doubt it has anything to do with him (he wasn't american and didn't fight in WWII), so it was probably put in the box at a later time.

I did a little research on the net, and found out it's a patch for "Communications Zone personnel- European Theater of Operations, used between February 1944 and February 1946."

Can anybody confirm that?

I don't collect patches, so can you also tell me if it's a gem og as common as sand in Sahara?

Provided it's not worth a fortune, I'm willing to give it away for free (I'd rather see it in someones collection than in the back of my drawer). :D

(this picture is actually taken from the internet, but if you need pictures of the real patch, just let me know)

/Mike

"European Theater of Operations (Advance Base)" by my sources. Made up mostly of rear echelon support staff people.

Rather common among the patch collectors, but it could find a good home with a young or new collector.

Jeff Floyd

Rather common among the patch collectors, but it could find a good home with a young or new collector.

Jeff Floyd

Thanks Jeff, thats pretty much what I anticipated.

So... any takers? I'll even send it for free provided it gets a good home :D

/Mike