News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Colonel Sir Arthur Young, KBE, CMG, CVO, KPM

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good pictures of Colonel Sir Arthur Young, KBE, CMG, CVO, KPM, and if he ever wrote an autobiography. The only information I can gather is from wikipedia, but he had a very impressive career as a policeman, was one of the youngest to become a chief constable before WWII, and became one of the most decorated policeman over a career spanning the mid '20s to 1970. During the War he was Senior Police Officer in the Mediterranean, and after served in the Herefordshire, Met, London Police, RUC, and overseas in Malaya and Kenya during the Mau Mau. His list of foreign decorations is pretty incredible as well (30!) so I can only imagine the stories he would have had and would be very surprised if no book was ever written about him. Any info would be great.

Jeff

O no I wish! I think just to even see them would be a treat, but for such a decorated policeman I can't seem to find anything other than a short biography. You would think one of the numerous police forces he served for would have his medals, maybe they do I will have to research more but when you look at the list of countries that awarded him a decoration it is amazing, it covers the entire world from Africa, South America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. If they ever came on to the market it would probably be close to six figures in value I would think but I would be more interested in just seeing them and reading about his fascinating career.