News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

British WW2 Para Cap badges

Hi,

I am not really a collector of cap badges but here are two so-called WWII Para cap badges I have picked up some years ago.

Could someone please let me know if they are original WW2 or fakes?

Cheers.

Stan

Well the SAS is modern. Probably a copy.I believe only Australians had a metal badge. We had cloth (the British)

The paras look OK, though the two lugs look very close together on the one, but I'm no expert.

Regards,

Pete

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am not really a collector of cap badges but here are two so-called WWII Para cap badges I have picked up some years ago.

Could someone please let me know if they are original WW2 or fakes?

Cheers.

Stan

Hi Stan,

the first badge you show looks like the very common fake (with blob normally found on the wing (facing left removed, see also marks were it was and the rear), the cornered lower feathers and the slider) :shame: The second badge however does show all features of a ww2 badge although - as Pete stated - the space between the lugs seems a little short compared to other ww2 cap parachute regiment badges. This is not alarming as many other types of cap badges also used this distance between the lugs depending on the size of the badge.

I would go for it if not too expensive.

Regards,

Dirk

Thanks guys for the replies.

I bought these badges many years ago and will now bin the SAS and Para Badge with slider and keep the Para badge with the loops.

Regards,

Stan