News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

(S) What Sleeve Badge is this ?

I have these sleeve badges - I have been told by the former owner that they are from a WWI (or shortly after) uniform.

Who has ever seen this kind of badges before? What could they mean?

I added a Krimschild for size comparison

I believe these pics of a different sleeve-badge illustrate the way they were attached to the sleeve.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2012/post-1062-0-32193600-1341786971.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2012/post-1062-0-32987900-1341787003.jpg

I have these sleeve badges - I have been told by the former owner that they are from a WWI (or shortly after) uniform.

Who has ever seen this kind of badges before? What could they mean?

I added a Krimschild for size comparison

Hi Hardy,

I know from WWI just the saxon "snake" arm badge (see #11): Arm badge question - Germany: Imperial Uniforms, Headwear, Insignia & Personal Equipment - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Best regards,

Jens

Good questions Gilles

What makes us think that these are German badges?

The fact that I acquired them two weeks ago at a town near Wetzlar Germany makes that a strong possibility.

What makes us think that these are military badges?.

Well, they do kind of look Army like - but in reality, for all I know, they could have been worn by the Portier of the Hotel Sacher or a conductor of a Stassenbahn in Hesse.

Edited by Naxos

for all I know, they could have been worn by the Portier of the Hotel Sacher or a conductor of a Stassenbahn in Hesse.

This gave me a good laugh. :lol:

Interesting badges. Hope you discover the truth.