News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Can anyone ID this Latvian medal?

I'd posted this in the Lounge as it seems we no longer have a guest/members help section... at least not that I can see. Dave Danner kindly ID'd it as being Latvian... probably a sea rescue medal.

So wondered if anyone could put a positive ID to this one and give a rough value on it? I'm intro'd in it and the current owner doesn't have a clue what it is and I'm basically in the same boat. I want to be fair and also would like to know what it is if possible.

Many thanks! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Hi Dan,

It is the Medal of the Latvian Union for Life-saving. The writing on the medal translates as "Latvian Rescue Union on the Waters". The Union was formed in 1923 and awarded diplomas, gold or silver medals and certificates for distinguished acts of rescue. The reverse of the medal should bear the name to whom it was awarded and the date. Unfortunately I don't have the faintest idea of its value.

Very best regards,

VJK

Edited by VJK