News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Mothy Death's Head For Robin Lumsden

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Robin: sorry it took so long to get these scans to you-- Traveling Museum owner's camera went kaput on the whole (OK, the REMNANT :speechless1: ) overseas cap and this is the best something so...beyond 3-D even my Epson can do.

Once this was an officer's overseas cap. Black-backed eagle on the side, but the usual tiny front skull button has been replaced by what appears to be a Totenkopf Division "pirate bones" enlisted ranks BeVo LEFT collar patch from matched-pair days in its place.

Lots of blurry bullion officer patch photos Out There, but never seen a BeVo to ccompare.

Is that what this is?

Hello Rick.

Thanks for posting this.

I remember the first time I saw that skull and cap on the net back in 2003 .............. was quite impressed by the quality. What with all the known original TK variants ........... Belgian etc.

But .......... I've a pencilled note that someone 'evidenced the TK as a fake' in 2004.

Wish I'd kept better notes. :(

Whatever it is, it isn't a left collar TK. These were always of the earlier embroidered type.

I've attached a photo of such a thing ................ along with a Bevo TK ............... for comparison.

The bottom line is, I don't know what the skull is, but it isn't a known SS type. Even so, I'd happily have it in my little collection of bones.

Guest Rick Research

Thanks Robin! The owner has been the object of considerable joshing about the "well ventilated" cap, but there's always been something about the insignia....

and not another example has ever turned up?

Just the lonely ol' hat, lookin' for a permanent home.... :catjava:

Guest Rick Research

Must have been posted by me in cameras-with-floppy-disks days at That Other Place in 2003, since the Traveling Museum owner's had it since 2000. I was just talking to him and there's no good reason it shouldn't go live at your place where it would feel welcome.