News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Serbian (or Yugoslav) badge D S ?

Hello Gentlemen,

I am trying to figure out what this small Serbian (or Yugoslav) badge stands for ? :

Any ideas ? Looks like the cyrillic letters D and S, maybe not military but political ?

Badge is 21 x 12 mm, silvered bronze, enameled, no maker, pin back.

Cheers

Bill

Greetings Bill,

Those are definitely Cyrillic letters D and S. First thing that comes to my mind is Democratic Party (Демократска странка).

Although if it really is pin from pre-WW2 Democratic Party it would be more logical to see Yugoslav flag rather than Serbian.

Hello Paja,

Thanks for your opinion. Your probably right this should be the Democratic Party badge, in fact I even suspect this to be a badge from the Democratic Party in exile (that is after WWII, between 1945-48, probably made in Paris) hence the use of the Serbian flag instead of the Yugoslav flag.

Cheers

Bill

• 7 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

There was also Chivalrous Society Dušan the Mighty founded in 1892 which existed until WW1. Although not related to that society Chetnik mentioned they issued couple of medals and the society's fence club had very interesting breast badge similar to academy badge.