News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wallis & Wallis July 22nd. auction. I can give results if anyone bid.

I have recently realised that I am unlikely to leave Sth. Africa and have had my Bournemouth flat cleared

ready for Letting. A van and a car were required to take it all to auction. I chose the leading Militaria Auction in the UK - Wallis & Wallis - in Lewes in Sussex. I have known the owner Mr Roy Butler for

many years - he used to be the militaria expert on the Antique Road Show - one of the most popular

shows on TV.

Mostly with a Police link - my Lots are 605 to 628 + 633 and 750.

The auction is on July 22nd. The catalogue is full of lovely items - worth buying for reference.

The online catalogue is at - www..the-saleroom.com

Here are a few of my items :

click

This is the 1st pattern for the Royal Irish Constabulary :

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2014/post-6209-0-99651400-1404903803.jpgclick

The very rare Lovell's Bayonet for this rifle

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2014/post-6209-0-36634100-1404904080.jpgclick

Victorian belt and cuffs to subdue violent prisoners

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2014/post-6209-0-27335100-1404904365.jpgclick

4 early staves from the Victorian period.

1st on left. Overseer's truncheon/stave from the early days of Australia. Markings (a little faint from

wear, but visible) for Van Dieman's Land. Became Tasmania in 1855. " Crown, VDL, 16, and Port Arthur Penal settlement. " It existed 1830 to 1877 - however, this will be pre 1855.

Some real history for Australia.

2nd on left :

They are showing this as an Indian staff of office. I had always thought it a Midlands Police Force

walking stick for an early Police Head Constable. It has the Royal Cypher - V1R. This dates it

between 1837 and about 1841 - when they realised she was the only Victoria and dropped the '1'

3rd and 4th:

These are Nigerian Staffs of Office - presented by the Govt. to deserving Chiefs. Both are Edward 7th,

1901 - 1910. There were three categories. A 1st class chief had a beautiful silver one , with a silver

Hippo on the top. Only the British could make someone a 3rd. class chief...............

All of these items are genuinly investment pieces.