News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some of my Belgian trench knives

Here are some of my Belgian trenchknives, these were made in England in 1915-1916 from obsolete Belgian m1889 bajonets. I have 2 more, but theyre still in my boxes somewhere. Needless to say i like these trench knives.

The frog is a gomez frog, which was supplied to the Belgian army together with the gomez belts.

Two of the trench knives on the photo were made from 1889 bajonets which were produced early in the war by sanderson for the Belgian army.
    I'm wondering if these trench knives were made from bajonets that were shipped to England or did they used the bajonets from the Belgian soldiers that arrived in England.
    I hope i'll ever find some personalised Belgian Trench knives, i have seen some in the past with carvings in the wooden handle. Some had "yser" scatched in the handle but 1 looked like it had scratches in the handle that looks like they represented kills.

loopgravendolken1.JPG

SAM_0126.JPG

Has anybody seen or owned a belgian trench knife which was made from a bajonet made by the american company Hopkins and Allen. I wonder if they made the trench knives before Hopkins and Allen started delivering the bajonets.

Greetings

Pickelhaube