News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Trying to locate Mgs medal for a Joseph Siddle Artillery Gunner Driver . He served in Holcombe's Company in Corunna Badajosz and Ciudad Rodrigo. The medal was sold through Sotherbys in 1982. Any info or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Melvyn

It was  in the Sotheby's medal sale of 6 May 1982, lot 19, 3 clasps, Talavera, Ciudad Rodrigo, Badajoz, described as having several edge bruises, about very fine, it was not sold in that auction and therefore was presumably returned to the owner. Prior to 2001, when the Sotheby's medal department was closed down and Morton and Eden was formed from its members. I would have been able to tell you whether the owner was a private individual or a dealer. It appears not to have appeared in auction since so it may still be with the owner. Sotheby's due to the data protection act, whether they have the information or not, would not be able to give you any more information than I have already given you. You could try medal tracker in medal news in case it has passed through a member of the trade.

I hope this is of help

Paul

I have now discovered it was estimated at £180-200 and probably reserved at £150. If only I had had money then. Unfortunately that date was my 27th birthday when I was constantly getting rude letters and phone calls from my bank.

Paul