News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian For Excellent Shooting Badge

As far as I know, these badges have similar design throughout the existence of Royal Bulgaria. These were cheaply made and thus many have design variances as far as certain details are concerned.

I found a random photograph on the internet. It shows one of the Battenberg period variations, along with the other awarding option - watch with inscribed "For excellent shooting" on it. Both were worn as an excellent shooting decoration, as it's mentioned in the above scans.

Using money, jewellery and other valuable items was a legitimate way of decoration in these initial years of the Principality. Many individuals were given these instead of merit medals or bravery crosses when dealing with the various armed criminal gangs in Eastern Rumelia and in the north east part of the country during 1880-1887.

1_1301169339.jpg

Thank you , ilieff :cheers:  ! 

IMHO in Battenberg period was only one type of this badge . 

Early badge 1887 y. was like badge Battenberg pattern , just with letter Ф

( photos of badge from Internet too ) 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

and one more question - anybody know 3rd medal on medalsbar ? 

image.jpeg

Edited by Igor Ostapenko