News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian ribbon bar ID needed

BalkanCollector

1. Order of Ushakov - to naval commanders for meritorious service.

2. Medal for Military Valour Class 2

Not sure about the rest yet, will have to dig a bit!

Your man was perhaps a Naval Attaché... so a serving naval officer in a diplomatic posting.

Thank you for the reply! 

I also thought that the first ribbon is Ushakov but the colors are reversed.

Here's a photo from wikipedia:

Order_of_Ushakov_(Russia).jpg.1ac042662f8df63d8cc05b35ef766b03.jpg

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Your man was perhaps a Naval Attaché... so a serving naval officer in a diplomatic posting.

Yes, a Naval Attaché! Was looking for that word.

• 2 weeks later...
    On 08/10/2018 at 15:40, BalkanCollector said:

I'm struggling with identification of Russian ribbons. Any help is much appreciated!

CAM01249.jpg.550cf682d80230f8d4ccb3316060d5b9.jpg

Unfortunately, the photo is what it is...

PS

I should have mentioned that the person is a diplomat and was in naval uniform as a Major if that helps.

I believe the top row contains 5 ribbons of varying widths: 2, 3 and 5 from the Russian MoD.

The 1st ribbon might be the state Jubilee Medal "300 Years of the Russian Navy", it would explain its position in front of MoD awards.  The only similar ribbon known to me is for the Soviet  Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky 1st class and I find that quite difficult to believe considering the absence of any related WW2 ribbons.

The 2nd is the Medal "For Military Valour" 2nd Class, the 3rd is from the Russian MoD but not clear enough for a positive ID, the 5th looks like the medal for 150 Years of Railway Troops of Russia.   

The bottom possibly contains 4 ribbons also of varying widths, my guess would be public awards (unofficial).