News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Any thoughts on these tabs and boards?

Hi all,

I've had these for over twenty years. They are very similar in size, shape and construction to WWII German tabs but the pips are a mystery to me. I've checked all my references, the net, kept my eye out on Ebay, etc. and have never seen another pair like them.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I did however find a pair of shoulder boards on Ebay several months ago with what look like those same pips.

IPB Image

I have no idea if there is any connection but hoping it helps.

If anyone can shed any light on these, their origin, value, etc. I'd sure appreciate the help. No idea if they are Imperial, Weimar, TR, military, civil or what?

Thanks,

Dan

Hello Dan,

The military official's boards are most likely from the Garnisonverwaltung (light blue underlay). The collar tabs match the description of the tabs for the Litewka, but I don't believe the tabs had pips during the imperial era, at least there is no picture or mention of pips in Kraus.

Chip

Edited by Chip