News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

schwerin 1st.pat. e.boat award.

Hope someone can answer a question for me.Do all schwerin 1st. pat. e.boat badges have the diagonal die flaw on the rear of the award,or did some not have it.I have an e.boat award bought from a respected dealer in york. for a considerable sum.Which was sold as genuine a few years ago.Now i am wondering.

Regards Mike.

Absolutely not ! Found on some but by no means all. Even the better copies have several subtle differences between them and the originals which are more valid tests of originality than these lines.

Unfortunately in todays collecting climate features like this are often seized on as absolute evidence one way or the other and good pices condemned as a result.

Do you have any pics of the badge ?

Absolutely not ! Found on some but by no means all. Even the better copies have several subtle differences between them and the originals which are more valid tests of originality than these lines.

Unfortunately in todays collecting climate features like this are often seized on as absolute evidence one way or the other and good pices condemned as a result.

Do you have any pics of the badge ?

Thanks very much for the reply Gordon,on another forum this die flaw is cosidered to be the bechmark for genuine,or fake.I trust the gentleman i bought it from and he as a cast iron money back guarantee if it is not genuine.I dont beleive i can send phot,s, because i am still a prob.member. Many thanks Gordon.

Mike.

You can indeed post images here even as a new member. If you have any problems uploading you can send the images to me and I'll post them for you.

The flaw is just one feature to consider. If the flaw was missing and other features didn't match it might be a cause for concern, but not necessarily on an otherwise "textbook" example.