News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Canadian Women's Army Corps and others

Hello All,

I just thought it was about time to have a thread showing the militaria of the honorable women who served Canada in world war two. The Canadian Women's Army Corps started in ww2 and became the pioneers and heroes for the numerous women in the fighting forces today. Often the efforts of our grandmothers and mothers and sisters go unheralded in history (especially military history), but after talking to a few vets of the CWAC you really respect them even more. My girlfriend has a few CWAC items and I will post them here, and please post your stuff on the CWAC or any other female military group from the Commonwealth (except nurses, that is a subject for a whole other thread!). First up are a couple collar badges and buttons (she has a few more buried somewhere, the large buttons and small buttons, a complete set). Enjoy the pics and please leave your comments!

Cheers,

Pat :beer:

Here is Tannis' favourite item from her CWAC collection, an original cap from Buffalo Cap Company, Ltd in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This is a late issue Canadian Women's Army Corps cap from 1952, just before it disbanded and women were brought into the regular army. Hope you enjoy these fine pieces of women's military history.

Cheers,

Pat

• 4 months later...
    • 4 years later...

Hi there,

Just doing some checking up on my old topics and I think this one is a prime candidate to be moved to the new Canadian/Aussie/NZ section of the site. If Nick or a moderator can move this and a couple more I am finding I think it would be better placed.

Thanks in advance!

Pat