News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

AH birthday card, stationary and envelope

Hi all,

Seems we have a new section... hope these are appropriate here.

First off is a birthday card which was sent out by Hitler's staff thanking folks who sent him greetings, presents, etc., on his birthday:

[attachmentid=50844]

A piece of stationary... like a note card I believe:

[attachmentid=50845]

Closeup of the eagle:

[attachmentid=50846]

An envelope:

[attachmentid=50847]

Closeup of the address:

[attachmentid=50848]

A view of what the interior looks like where it was originally opened:

[attachmentid=50850]

And a note that I can only assume was from the GI who originally took this as a souvenir... or traded for it at some point. Seems it was filled with various ribbons:

[attachmentid=50851]

One can only imagine how many such things were brought back by all those GI's and various allied troops at the end of the war.

Dan :cheers:

This is a unique little set Dan :beer: I don't imagine there are many of these lying around, and it is an interesting piece. The letterhead is especially detailed and impressive looking. Where did you find this one?

Cheers,

Pat

This is a unique little set Dan :beer: I don't imagine there are many of these lying around, and it is an interesting piece. The letterhead is especially detailed and impressive looking. Where did you find this one?

Cheers,

Pat

Hi Pat,

Well, here's the scoop. My father got the birthday card with some other pieces and gave it all to me years later. The stationary and envelope came from a guy I used to deal with in the Tampa Bay area. Have had them all forever and a day.

All from several lifetimes ago. :P:beer:

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan