News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Panzergruppe Drohne named pics

Jacques

I just got this small group today and share it with you. there are few pictures and papers. I tryed to scout the carrier but there are many holes.

Wilhelm Meyer enlisted to the R.R.13 in 1933. I think he served with the Pz.Rgt.5 and voluntered the Legion Condor with the first contingent. He served from 10/08/1936 to 16/12/1937 in Spain, first of all to the Panzergruppe Drohne and after 01/05/37 to the infantry school.

He participated to the Sudeten Campaign, may be Poland and France.

He was sent to Afrika with the Pz.Rgt.5. He served after that to the Pz.Rgt.6. In 1944 he is with the Pz.Abt.8 and he was awarded the DK in gold.

He was killed on 03/27/1945

the first picture shows him in Spain

on this pics he is wearing Panzer Rgt.6 number on the shoulder boards. This pic is prior to 1944 because he don't wear the DK, nevertheless he is already well decorated.

medals bar: EK2, 4 years service medal, Oct 38, Afrika, Cruz roja, Medalla de la campa?a.

Spanish cross in silver,

EK1, LC panzer badge, Panzerkampf badge, Wounded badge,

He was awarded the DK, and I suppose he also got the Afrika cuff title.

• 1 year later...