News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

General Assault Badge 100 Engagements

Guest WAR LORD

War Lord

I don't even collect these but am curious: can you tell us why this IS clearly a fake. And is it this one specimen or the whole badge or a run of fakes of a real award or...?

Peter

I'm with Peter. I don't collect 3rd Reich either but would be interested in hearing what pin points this and other awards in this section as fakes. What are the differences between the originals and the fakes?

Tony

-The Eagle is not nicely nestled into it's reccess, especially around the top of the wings;

-When you look at the bottom of the reverse it should be one continuos edge, the number box should not protrude below the badge;

-Though I don't have it in hand it is likely smaller than a real GAB, and I don't like the looks of the crimps for the pin.

Hope this helps

Here's a JFS GAB100 from Frank Heukemes book "German Awards of WW2 Vol1note the way the eagle sits on the badge

Edited by Laurence Strong

-The Eagle is not nicely nestled into it's reccess, especially around the top of the wings;

-When you look at the bottom of the reverse it should be one continuos edge, the number box should not protrude below the badge;

-Though I don't have it in hand it is likely smaller than a real GAB, and I don't like the looks of the crimps for the pin.

Hope this helps

Here's a JFS GAB100 from Frank Heukemes book "German Awards of WW2 Vol1note the way the eagle sits on the badge

Thanks for that Laurence, that makes it a whole lot clearer.

Tony