News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Czarist or Awaloff Award?

Robin Lumsden

Guest Rick Research

AGH! :speechless: I thought you HAD it, Robin!!!!

Generally not a good idea to "talk up" items which are Still Out There since it may well result in the previously-lone-interested-party being outbid. Some "reward" that ends up being, eh?

:unsure:

There are folks who are :o:shame: not polite about "first dibs" situations. :catjava::beer:

AGH! :speechless: I thought you HAD it, Robin!!!!

Generally not a good idea to "talk up" items which are Still Out There since it may well result in the previously-lone-interested-party being outbid. Some "reward" that ends up being, eh?

:unsure:

There are folks who are :o:shame: not polite about "first dibs" situations. :catjava::beer:

It was actually interesting to watch the bidding. There were two very determined guys (I wasn't one of them, I hasten to add) who were bidding against each other for the whole week (starting well before I posted this thread).......then along comes a sniper and wins the group!

I think it could well have been the same guy who got the Freikorps group last year.

I agree with Rick that bidding on something a fellow Forum member had been interested in is unsporting, but I am not above using Bid robot or one of the other snipers if I have been in it from the start of the auction. In this day and age, it seems like it is the only way to possibly win a "hot" item. After losing to several "in the last 5 seconds" of the auction, I added the sniper to my bag of tricks, as I am sure many here have also done. A lot of folks would be hesitant to admit it though. :unsure:;)

I agree with Rick that bidding on something a fellow Forum member had been interested in is unsporting, but I am not above using Bid robot or one of the other snipers if I have been in it from the start of the auction. In this day and age, it seems like it is the only way to possibly win a "hot" item. After losing to several "in the last 5 seconds" of the auction, I added the sniper to my bag of tricks, as I am sure many here have also done. A lot of folks would be hesitant to admit it though. :unsure:;)

'Unsporting'??....... perish the thought, old bean!

Seriously though, in this particular case I think it's pretty unlikely that any of the bidders had even heard of this forum.

I also use a sniper.....it's the ONLY way to bid, and wholly ethical in my opinion.