News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Impressive collection shown online

While searching for information on Linnemann entrenching tools, I stumbled accross a Gunboards sub-forum dedicated to a personal collection of WW1 weapons, uniforms and equipment.

It can be seen at http://www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=68548

It is the largest private collection of its kind that I know of. Does anyone here have anything similar?

David

David,

While this collection is impressive, there are others around. I am very familiar with this site. The owner has gone to great expense, as you could imagine, to try to put these impressions together. As with most projects of this type, there are errors, repro items and substitutes for the original pieces. Considering the breadth of the subject and the paucity of information on the uniforms of some of the participant armies, this is understandable. All in all, it is an impressive array, put together by a real enthusiast and worth the time of any (even mildly interested) WWI buff to see.

Chip