News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Czech Remembrance Day photo - WW2 vets

Nice picture...

But what do I see??

The one on the left;

French Croix d'Guerre

39-45 star

France & Germany star

Warmedal

Defence medal

perhaps the one in front of the 39 45 star looks like an american humanitarian medal????

Kind regards,

Jacky

P.s Keep the pictures coming

The gentleman on the left, who appears to be a Lt. General of Tank Troops, has Polish parachute wings above his ribbons. The poppy obscures the first ribbon, which appears to be all red.

Czechoslovak War Cross 1939

?

Czechoslovak Medal for Bravery Before the Enemy

Czechoslovak Military Medal for Merit

Commemorative Medal for the Czechoslovak Armed Forces Abroad, with unknown devices

Cross of Merit of the Minister of Defense of the Czech Republic, I. Class

1939-45 Star

France and Germany Star

War Medal

Defence Medal

?

The gentleman on the right appears to be a colonel general, but I don't know Czech branch insignia, maybe artillery? He has British jump wings.

His first red ribbons, with a device, we can see but still doesn't help me. I'm not sure about the next one either. The second row has three Czechoslovak War Crosses 1939. Third row has the Czechoslovak Medal for Bravery Before the Enemy and two Military Medals for Merit. Fourth row can't be made out, except the last one might be an Order of Tomas Masaryk from the Czech Republic.

The gentleman on the left is Major General Antonin Spacek, who received the Order of the White Lion at a ceremony on October 28. He doesn't appear to be wearing it though. The top ribbon, all red, is the French Legion d'Honneur. The third ribbon, after the Czechoslovak War Cross 1939, is, as Jacky surmised, the French Croix de Guerre 1939-45.

Article on the award of the Order of the White Lion: http://www.radio.cz/en/article/84724

Spacek's website: http://spacek.legionar.com/

• 3 years later...