News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Double Red Banner & triple Red Star Group

I just received the research for a group I bought from Alexie. It has two Order of the Red Banner:

Red Banner 120216

Red Ranner 299993

:jumping: I'm waiting on the translation as it contains a biography of the recipient :jumping: Here's the research...

:beer: Doc

Very nice research! Was the second citation for the Red Banner there? I saw one for a Red Star, and an almost unreadable Red Banner one. Did you get his award card?

It's very interesting that he was a "career" soldier, joining the Tsar's army in 1910 (as it appears on my monitor) and then serving in it through 1918. He then joined the RKKA and served until 1946! He ended the War as the Commander of the 184th Guards Rifle Regiment, 62nd Guards Rifle Division - a pretty good job, and right in some pretty heavy combat around Budapest at the beginning of 1945.

Dave

Well, here's a shot at his line-by-line bio (I don't see an autobiography here, unless my bleeding eyes aren't seeing it...) I'm not sure if the first few lines of translation are correct, as I've never run across these before! He didn't quite start out a soldier...

1910 - 1915 Mail truck driver in the Volovski Administrative Volost (smallest administrative region in Tsarist Russia)

1915 - January 1918 Sergeant-Major of the 172nd Reserve Regiment and the 265th Rifle Regiment, Northern Front

January 1918 - April 1919 Secretary of the Khotinsky social security administration and (I can't read it)

April 1919 - June 1920 Chief Clerk - (vaznachai? I don't know) in (unreadable) Company in (unreadable)

June 1920 - June 1921 Chief Clerk, 50th Brigade VNUS in Minsk

June 1921 - July 1921 Adjutant Independent (I'm not sure the rest of the line)

July 1921 - March 1922 Deputy Battalion Commander of the 40th Independent Battalion, VChK in Minsk

March 1922 - November 1923 Deputy Battalion Commander of the 121st Independent Battalion, VChK in Simferpol

November 1923 - May 1925 Deputy Chief of the Convoy Command in Simferpol

May 1925 - August 1929 Deputy Commander of the 13th Independent Convoy Battalion in Simferpol

August 1929 - March 1930 Commander of same unit (my change to the translation)

March 1930 - June 1933 Deputy Chief of Staff of the 3rd Convoy Division in Samara

----Looks like he may have "retired" at this point----

June 1933 - November 1934 Chief of Military Preparatory Training in Samara OAKh (I think)

November 1934 - January 1940 Military Supervisor Kuibshevskovo (I don't know what that means) Technical Service

----Looks like he was recalled back to service----

January 1940 - July 1940 Senior Adjutant 275th Rifle Regiment, 117th Rifle Division in ??? (Buzuluk?)

July 1940 - March 1941 Battalion Commander, 275th Rifle Regiment, 117th Rifle Division in Buzuluk(?)

March 1941 - August 1941 Company Commander, Quartermaster School (Course) PriVO in Sizran (?)

August 1941 - September 1941 Commander 240th Independent Battalion (I can't read) in Sizran

September 1941 - November 1941 Chief of Staff, 175th Rifle Regiment, 356th Rifle Division PriVO

November 1941 - ? 1942 (All sorts of little writing I can't read)

? 1942 - November 1942 Chief of Staff 547th Rifle Regiment, 127th Rifle Division PriVO (etc.)

November 1942 - 26 February 1944 Chief of Something-independent (I can't read the first part) in the 62nd Guards Rifle Division

26 February 1944 - 2 July 1945 Commander, 184th Guards Rifle Regiment, 62nd Guards Rifle Division

From then on, in Reserve, yada yada yada.... My eyes are bugging out. I hope this helps a bit.

Dave