News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

UNKNOWN KNIFE SHEATH. POST WW2 ?

Kev in Deva

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer:

At a collectors exposition in Brasov a week ago, (November 18th) I acquired this sheath, its made from a combination of leather and canvas webbing, the leather has been given an application of black boot polish!!

The sheath measures: approxamatly 15 cm.

The opening for the blade is 30 mm.

The sheath hangs from a canvas webbing strap, measured from the rear at 11cm, the strap opens to take a web-belt, there is a cross web strap to hold the knife in place, it fastens by means of a metal stud-knob which pushes through the canvas strap.

The lower part of the sheath has a strip of canvas webbing around it held in place to the rear by a rivet.

There are no markings on the item.

The item is old and dates from WW2 or post WW2. It does not appear to be a commercial item but a military one.

Can anybody offer any clue as to where the item comes from??

Kevin in Deva:beer:

• 2 weeks later...

sorry,no idea,dont suppose theres any markings well hidden on the snap fastener at all,sometimes a maker/country under rust......sorry if you`ve already thought of this.

mustang

Hallo Mustang, :beer:

thanks for the reply, I checked the fastner and rivets but nothing at all :( I did give the webbing a light cleaning and it seems to have a "plastic / Nylon" construction so its must be much later than WW2, but the sheath is leather. Guess it will remain as unknown, must try to find a sheath knife with 5 inch blade next, always handy for sharpening the anti-vampire stakes :P

Kevin in Deva. Transylvania :beer: