News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prussian Awards With Jubilee "Buttons"

Hi derGeneral,

Personally, I can not say. As I indicated before, this picture is from the combined archives of George Seymour and Eric Ludvigsen; both of whom are now two years deceased. These particular pictures are from a group which was formed for a book on the Order of the Red Eagle which they were hoping to publish. Following are their notes on this piece:

Composition: Gold; Silver-gilt numeral disc

Weight: 13.03 gr. (including ring and disc)

Height: 42 mm (including fixed loop)

Width: 37.9 mm

Center medallion disc: 16.7/16.7 mm

Disc diameter: 10.5 mm

Marks: ?8766? engraved in script numerals on top right edge of upper arm, reading from the obverse. No other marks.

Remarks: The numerals are the early (for enamelled grades) type without enamel, which was used to at least some time after 1865. The style of the numerals looks modern, but the disc has been carefully struck from a ...number crossed out... thick planchet and the attachment has not been played with. I think it may be legitimate-- it also fits with a badge that, while similar to No. L11*, is a bit later.

* No. L11 is another piece being presented in the project.

That is all that I can offer on this, except to say that I seem to recall seeing at least one other disc of this type; but can not recall where.

Andreas (medalnet), do you have anything on this?

Thanks for asking derGeneral. I hope that this is helpful.

Wild Card