News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Post your Fairbairn-Sykes knives

gregM

The very first collectable blade i ever purchased was a 3rd pattern FS.

I bought it when I was 16 some 34 years ago. Over the years I have

picked up a few more. Nothing special--no etchings or first patterns.

But I really like the clean,simple, deadly design.

A ->I England, ->B2, ->B

[attachmentid=63547]

My father had one of these! If I recall correctly it was like the middle one you posted. He was a great believer in knives and at some time prior to D-Day he taught hand-to-hand knife fighting at Fort Benning, GA. He carried his FS in both WW2 and Korea. I believe my elder brother ended up with it. I haven't seen it in years.

Kind of off topic, but my dad also carried a Randall in both WW2 and Korea. When my brother went to Vietnam, he carried the Randall too. The leather handle got some type of jungle rot and the leather started coming off. My brother wrote the Randall company in Orlando, FL and asked about repairs. They told him they were very impressed by the knife's history and to send it in. They completely repaired the handle like new and refused to take any payment for it!

A ww2 Randall is something to cherish. I love fighters and daggers. Here a couple more-- These are both import knives stamped ENGLAND and do not have the Wilkenson style blade.

[attachmentid=63693]

Edited by gregM