News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Everyone.

This Busby skull is copper(or brass) and still retains some remnants or an overall silver wash. The detail seems fairly good (but I don't have anything to compare it to.) To the reverse are 4 flat "prongs". At the widest point the device measures 9cm by about 8.3cm. And like a shako or Busby device, there is a nice curvature to the whole object. There are no makers marks that I have found and it appears that the previous owner tried to polish it :banger: .

Does anyone know if this is proper for a busby skull or if it is a reproduction of one. I will post more images soon.

Thanks for all your help[attachmentid=63777]

Thanks for the message Robin.

That is encouraging to say the least. I was told that some of the skulls had a bolt type assembly on the upper section, reverse to help keep the device secured to the busby.

Also, would this manufacture indicate wartime Enlisted men or Prewar?

HFJ

I've never seen an original with bolts. The one you show is typical of originals. These were worn from the mid-19th century until 1918......

Robin, That is one absolutely Smashing Hat!

Is the totenkopf on your busby the smaller version or not.

Here are a few more images of the skull in question.

HFJ