News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Name Scratched on Destroyer Badge by Schwerin Berlin

Hello folks,

I was wondering if I could get some help on this badge. This item belongs to my dear friend Tony here in Arizona. The badge has the name Kassube scratched on its reverse. This came from a small grouping that was sadly broken up by a local dealer. There was a bronze Spanish Cross with out Swords that came with the badge (it also had the same name scratched on its reverse).

Is there anyway I can find out who this badge may have possibly belonged to? Maybe the ship he served on during the Spanish Civil War?

Happy New Year and thank you.

Regards,

Jody

Sadly, I doubt it would be easy to find any further info. Unlike U-Boats where a huge amount of work has been done in compiling databases of crew lists, I don't think anything of the kind exists for the Destroyers. Even organisations like Deutsche Dienststelle would be unlikely to come up with much with just a surname though its worth a try as its an unusual surname in a small branch of the armed forces.

Sadly, I doubt it would be easy to find any further info. Unlike U-Boats where a huge amount of work has been done in compiling databases of crew lists, I don't think anything of the kind exists for the Destroyers. Even organisations like Deutsche Dienststelle would be unlikely to come up with much with just a surname though its worth a try as its an unusual surname in a small branch of the armed forces.

Hi Gordon,

Thank you so much. I figured it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. I wonder if there is a list of all of the winners of the Spanish Cross in Bronze w/out Swords?

It will give my friend and I something to research.

Regards,

Jody

Edited by JBeltram