News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mr. Smirnof The 1938 Party Day badge has got to be the most mint example I have ever seen before. The quality of the image is outstanding. I will dig my example out and post. You can actually see the muscle definition in the calf! Robert

PS I often wonder how a badge such as this has survived for almost 70 years and remained in such pristine condition.

Edited by BURGERHAUS

Hi Alexey,

I can't really comment on the 1938 RPT apart from to say it looks very nice. I'm not a tinnie guy so can't really say more.

As to the Tirol badge. Pins & badges similar to theis can still be bought today in that area of Austria, the symbol is still used. So it's difficult to say for sure without holding it to say from what period it is from, sorry.

Cheers

Don

Mr. Smirnof The 1938 Party Day badge has got to be the most mint example I have ever seen before. The quality of the image is outstanding. I will dig my example out and post. You can actually see the muscle definition in the calf! Robert

PS I often wonder how a badge such as this has survived for almost 70 years and remained in such pristine condition.

Robert, i'm eager for looking at your sample, it's very interesting to compare. I suppose these badges survived because they were allowded to whear only within special cases (meetings, etc.) By the way, it's made from cupal as well.

Hi Alexey,

I can't really comment on the 1938 RPT apart from to say it looks very nice. I'm not a tinnie guy so can't really say more.

As to the Tirol badge. Pins & badges similar to theis can still be bought today in that area of Austria, the symbol is still used. So it's difficult to say for sure without holding it to say from what period it is from, sorry.

Cheers

Don

Thank you, Don, for your appraisal, it's so important to me.

Tirol badge is a present made by my German friend, so i don't really care.

Alex I am a little embarassed to even show my example of this badge but here goes. The superior detail and markings would lead me to logically assume that perhaps your badge was worn by either a leader or at least a member of the NSDAP or perhaps a participant in the festivities. My zinker pales in comparison in every way. Examples such as mine are found in almost every junk box at flea markets here in the States. Other than the one you have just shown, I have never seen one of such quality. Thanks for showing and have a nice weekend. Robert

PS Out of curiosity, are you able to add to your collection via veteran bring backs? Were Soviet soldiers permitted to bring home booty?