News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EKII Feldspange Device(?) Help

Good evening all,

I posted this on Wehrmacht Awards.com and after much head scratching by the members I was directed here. I'm looking to draw upon the expertise of the EK gurus to help ID a device on this man's ribbon. Oberbootsmaat Gustav Schinkel served on the Scharnhorst until mid-40 and then transferred to U-124. Based on the 23 photos I have he must have been awarded the EKII sometime in early to mid '40. The pic below shows him in late '42/early '43 with some non-reg device on his EKII Feldspange. It's definitely an EKII ribbon as it was the only ribbon he's wearing/awarded in his other photos (besides the HSF badge and DRL Sports Abz). This is the only photo showing him wearing it as a Fedspange vs. in the buttonhole. Is anybody aware of a non-reg device that former members of either the Scharnhorst or U-124 could wear after their sinking????

This is part of a bigger mystery regarding this KIA sailor. I threw a few pics on for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks for any/all inputs in advance!!

Bob Ruzzier