News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A while ago we had a great discussion about the Black Eagle Order. I have another question related to this order. Specifically, O?Connor stated in the introduction to the chapter on The Prussian Member?s Cross with Swords of the Royal Hohenzollern House Order of Volume II (Prussia) that there were 18 recipients during WWI. Two were the sons of the Crown Prince and one was the Crown Prince of Denmark. Of the remaining 15, 14 were high ranking generals and one an admiral.

I think it would be very instructive to learn who these officers were. Does anyone know? Rank, Position and date of admission to the order would be excellent as well if I am not being too greedy!

Hi W McSwiggan,

Certainly some would be obvious and I imagine that the information you want exists in a single source which, unfortunately, I do not have. I do, however, have information that indicates that Otto von Below received The Black Eagle on 15 November 1917. I believe that at that time he was commander of the 14th army. One small part to the puzzle.

Best wishes,

Wild Card