News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I don?t know much about this badge.... ? Rhein Reise Dienst Beuel?Bonn ? ; translated text ?Rhine Travel Service Beuel-Bonn?.

Beuel is a place opposite of Bonn, the Rhine divides the two cities.

I had already the coin, on which I discovered the same picture of it from a different vieuw angle of the Rhine and bridge.

Could the green enamelled badge be a kind of an official ferry-workers badge?

Cheers,

Benten

Benten I know nothing of this badge but the design is beautiful. It is funny that you mention Beuel as there are some folks over here with that same last name. Perhaps when arriving at Ellis Island, the immigration official, not knowing the language, assigned the last name to the new immigrants from the paperwork stating where they were from. If you have ever seen the movie THE GODFATHER, there is a scene were he is assigned The name Corleone by the Irish officer because that is the area he came from. I often have questions about my own last name being assigned to my Grandparents when they arrived here long ago. Thanks for showing that green beauty. have a nice weekend. Robert

Robert thanks for your reply.

It is told that most men love the movie ?The Godfather?. I do.

I thought that Beuel was a city of her own , but it is a district of Bonn.

To find back the roots of your last name looks an interesting job to do.

Cheers,

Benten