News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Issue of "REPAINTED" EK2

Hello guys,

Lately, I've seen quite a few EK2 pieces from some serious collector friends.

They all have more or less pieces that shares a common problem ~~

"Repainted black centre core" !!

Some has done in a wildly rough job, absolutely disgusting ! Some in fine job.

But never the less, these pieces are not as "innocent" as they ever were, weren't they?

A friend of mine claimed that, he bought them how they look exactly the same way when

he received the pieces at the first place from a german dealer. And he's still happy about

what he gets.

Well, I can dig that. I have 2 pieces are like that myself. (but they are not as obvious,

acceptionally ok job, I won't fight them too hard)

But yet, I still have a bunch questions in mind that needs professional opinions from all you

master of collectors !

1) does it degrade the value of the pieces? (if tidy them up nicely)

2) Is it possible happened during manufacturing process ?

3) Would it be fun just to keep 1 or 2 pieces are like that ?

4) Has anyone encountered something like that?

5) Would it be possible that the repaint job did by the original recipient, not by the previous owner?

However, it has too much possibilities can imagine what really happen to the pieces.

In the end, we can all try live with it peacefully and try feel comfortable for ourselves once obtain

such pieces.

Because, NOTHING IS PERFECT IN THIS WORLD !!!

:cool: Bishop

Hallo Bishop :beer:

Interesting questions, I believe that nobody has managed to capture the original powdery "Satin" black paint job of the originals.

Some of the brass -core and zinker paint jobs might react with time a little differently to the Iron core paint-jobs.

And its down to the purchasers own taste, as to having a re-spray / re-brush to make the item look ok, or the " collecting-fanatic" :P who will only buy it as it was issued. As opposed to the chap who will take what his pocket can afford.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Thanks Kevin!

First, I'd like to clarify that this topic I started is strictly for EK2, 1939

WW2 version ONLY, not the imperial ones.

But, somewhat I misplace this post here by mistake. Sorry!

(Can anyone transfer this topic to Iron Cross 1939 section?? Tks)

I like your word Kev, "FANATIC" !!!

For me, it's more than just fanatic or obsession, it's an investment.

Good piece will increase its value.

:cool: Bishop