News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear Gentlemen,

Once (looong ago) I saw a photo postcard of "Kapellmeister Adolf Boettge" (1848-1913) who served here in Karlsruhe in the Leibgrenadier-Regiment 109. He had a huuuge medal bar, but I cannot find any picture, nor can I remember what awards - or what kinds of awards - he wore, if he was kind of a NCO or an officer, wearing many knight crosses or "just" many merit medals and crosses?!

Might someone provide the DOA entry? Some informations can be found on "Karlsruher Stadtwiki" ...

Guest Rick Research

Orders Almanac 1908/09 has:

Prussian Cross of the General Decoration, Principality of Hohenzollern Honor Cross Merit Cross, Brunswick House Order Merit Cross 1st Class, 1897 Medal, Hessian Philips Order Merit Cross with Crown and Xs, Swedish Vasa Order-Knight, and Siamese Crown-Knight. Note NOTHING from Baden is listed!!!!

Thanks Rick, rather fast you are. :ninja:

Nothing from Baden YET listet, he might have gotten something (maybe Silver and Small Golden Merit Medal, and Z?hringer Merit Cross) for sure between 1909 and 1913. :rolleyes:

Interessing to me seems the combination of German States NCO awards and real foreign medals, but I noticed similar things before. As soon as I re-find the photo, I'll scan and show it here. :love: