News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dutch MWO uniform

For sale on http://www.germanmilitaria.com/OtherNation...os/C035056.html is this very overpriced uniform. Can we ID this man?

The Military Order of William (Knight 4th grade )

Order of the Dutch Lion (Knight)

War Commemorative Cross 1940-45 with two clasps

Cross for Order and Piece with two clasps

Officers Long Service Decoration

Mobilization Cross 1914-18

Edited by Herr General

For sale on http://www.germanmilitaria.com/OtherNation...os/C035056.html is this very overpriced uniform. Can we ID this man?

The Military Order of William (Knight 4th grade )

Order of the Dutch Lion (Knight)

War Commemorative Cross 1940-45 with two clasps

Cross for Order and Piece with two clasps

Officers Long Service Decoration

Mobilization Cross 1914-18

Hmmm... looks genuine:

The War Commemorative Cross ribbon is the dark orange ribbon by Spinks, and the stars on the Decoration for Order and Peace are the original 7-pointed ones.

But... I'm missing the enamel shields post-WW2 KNIL uniforms had on their upper arm sleeves!

Then back to whom this uniform might have belonged to... My guess first guess was Reserve-Major-General Pieter Scholten, but he held the following medals:

Knight 4th class of the Military Order of William (MWO.4)

Knight of the Order of the Netherlands' Lion (NL.3)

Officer of the Order of Orange Nassau with swords (ON.4x) (appointed Knight in 1934)

War Commemorative Cross with one clasp (OHK.1)

Decoration for Order and Peace with 4 clasps (1946, 1947, 1948 and 1949) (OV.4)

Officer's Long Service Decoration with numberal 'XXV' (XXV)

Marching Cross (KLO)

Mobilisation Commemorative Cross 1914-1918 (Mk)

Since this uniform is missing both the Order of Orange-Nassau and the Marching Cross ribbon, it can't be him (although a friend of mine also dropped out his 'sport' medals as the Marching Cross and NSF Proficiency Medal from his ribbon and medal bars).

Then looking at the lists for generals of the KNIL dating 1947-1949 I can't find ANY major-general with the MWO.4 and the NL.3 besides P. Scholten. So I'm tending to think towards the fact that the ribbon bars do not belong on this uniform.