News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

Just to get you updated on my project on the Kurhessian House Order of the Golden Lion. This week I received the data concerning the reign of Landgraf Friedrich II. (1770-1785), who founded the order and I also completed the lists from the reign of his grandson, my favourite Kurf?rst, Wilhelm II. (1821-1831).

In the mean time, I am trying to find publishers for my book. Any suggestions appreciated on that BTW.

My project, planned as it has been now, will be completed latest in 2 years from now. After that, I will take up a description of the kurhessian Order of William (1851-1866). After that.....I think there still be enough pre 1866/pre 1871 german orders and decorations to describe!!

David M

Although replying to myself here, I would like your advice on a matter that has been bothering me. from what I know, Rick Research makes his lists as in this thread:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=14821

however, this is the way I am making the entries in the publication on the HGL. I take them word-by-word from th Staatshandbuch:

25.08.1777 Ihro Excellenz der Herr Ober-J?germeister von Spiegel,

Date first, then function and name as last entry. In this way most of the context is preserved.

What is the difference in value here for researchers?

David M

Edited by David M