News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two more Imperial German medals I need help with.

Hi fellows,

Here are a couple more Imperial German Medals I would like your opinion on. Sorry for all of the questions but I don't collect German and I am at a loss at to the indentification.

The cross in the photo I am confident is a 15 year long service cross, is the ribbon correct?

The medal in the photo has Friedrich August-Medaille on what I think is the obverse. The dealer has photocopied a ribbon and used this to represent the original ribbon. Is this the original ribbon, or I should say a photocopy of the original ribbon.

Many thanks

Brian

Hallo Brian, :cheers:

both look ok to me, can you keep all the medals on one thread to save space? instead of opening a new topic all the time? just hit the add reply button and continue on, perhaps one of the moderators will pull alll your threads into one post??

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Hello Brian,

Yes they're both the correct ribbon.

Concerning your questions, perhaps could you better post all your questions in 1 thread instead of creating different threads for all your individual or pairswise medals.

Kind regards,

Jacky

Humm beaten within 1 minute by kevin, but as long as it's being beaten by him.... I don't mind :beer:

Edited by Jacky

The "friedrich august"-text is the reverse of the medal.

The monogram FR is the front of the medal.

Concerning the 15 years service cross, the crown is shown on the front and the XV on the reverse.

kind regards,

Jacky

Edited by Jacky

Hello Brian,

Yes they're both the correct ribbon.

Concerning your questions, perhaps could you better post all your questions in 1 thread instead of creating different threads for all your individual or pairswise medals.

Kind regards,

Jacky

Humm beaten within 1 minute by kevin, but as long as it's being beaten by him.... I don't mind :beer:

Hello Jacky,

Thanks for the information and I probably should have use one thread for all of my questions. For me the problem is that I can be called away litterally at an moment as I am "on call" when off duty so I have tried to ask a couple of questions and then "shut down" in between in case I do get a call.

Cheers

Brian

Guest Rick Research

Yup, that is the correct design for the silver Friedrich August Medal on left, and correct ribbon for the Prusssian/Reichs XV Years Service Cross M1913.

This is OK with a couple per separate thread since it prevents confusion about what is being referred to. If there were 6 or 7 we'd be lost replying to "that one on the left in the 3rd picture...."

The thing is, you seem to have found a source with almost no original ribbons, and it would be far more cost effective to simply wait and get them WITH original ribbons than face the challenge of hunting down MANY original ribbons.

Yup, that is the correct design for the silver Friedrich August Medal on left, and correct ribbon for the Prusssian/Reichs XV Years Service Cross M1913.

This is OK with a couple per separate thread since it prevents confusion about what is being referred to. If there were 6 or 7 we'd be lost replying to "that one on the left in the 3rd picture...."

The thing is, you seem to have found a source with almost no original ribbons, and it would be far more cost effective to simply wait and get them WITH original ribbons than face the challenge of hunting down MANY original ribbons.

Hi Rick,

Many are already in a box ready to be returned. This was part of a larger trade that was made and I was reluctant to get into a whole new area of collecting (German). I figured I would trade or sell them off in time and put the cash back into British Commomwealth, India and Pakistan medals.

Many thanks to all of the members who have given me assistance with my confusing task.

Cheers to all :cheers:

Brian