News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gents, I got this little single medal/ribbon bar amongst a few other items the other day, and originally wrote it off as some kind of pre-1933 or post-1945 ribbon. It appears to have had a device attached to it. After a little searching on the ribbon charts I have I discovered the ribbon matches the Reuss Older Line Rettungsmedaille. Am I right in assuming it could be one of these or barking up the wrong tree entirely? Your input and opinions are very welcome!

cheers

Jason

Hi Jason,

in my eyes this can be nearly everything......

the colours black-red-gold are the german colours today and the colours of little former states like Reuss or Waldeck but they are used very often by student organizations, wanderer clubs, shooting clubs, ........... endless list.

Without having more info about the other things that came with it or the place it is from there can be no 100% statement about it... sorry

Heiko

Hello Heiko. The piece came in a "grab bag" of medal bar pieces, backing plates and a mounted Hindenburg Cross ribbon so nothing concrete to establish whether it was part of the entire lot. I'd say the seller decided to clear the stuff from his junk drawer. Thanks for the info though - I was sort of thinking it may have been some kind of local award for a shooting or singing competition.

cheers

Jason