News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Are there any good sources of information on Kriegsmarine landing gear? For instance, I would like to see what a navy breadbag looked like. Were they like the WWI German navy bags? I have made a cursory search of the web and can find no information on what gear the navy would have worn on shore.

Chip

Hello, here you can see some of my Km breadbags. As you can see the color is more green, and the canvas cloth is different then the heer items. The leather od the reinforced usually is grey, ande you can find the KM depot control stamps and/or the owner label.

Edwardo,

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. You know, there is not much information out there concerning navy gear. I find it interesting that the breadbag itself is similar to the WWII period army breadbag, but the shoulder strap still resembles the WWI version with the exception of the materials used.

I collect imperial navy items myself and have both the earlier red/brown canvas navy bag and strap and the gray, wartime navy bag (unfortunately, without a strap). I had bought one of these WWII straps thinking that it might be a gray WWI version, but when I got it in and saw the materials, I knew immediately that it was not what I had hoped for.

Thanks for the reply.

Chip