News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi.

I need your help regarding this dog tag.

Is this a original dog tag? There are some corrosion inside the letter as well as on the tag.

Does anyone know what unit this tog tag belongs to?

If this is a original, does anyone know the value on it? I need to raise some money for some KM badges so this is going to be sold.

Best regards,

Andr

Edited by NOR_collector

Hello,

I dont like it, because:

1 "SS" not being in runes

2 no wear in the holes (see picture)

3 Regiment "F" ( Der F?hrer) with the low man number 29

Regards, Hardy

File0070.jpg

Edited by Naxos

Andr?,

First of all, I haven't a clue about German tags however, I would think they're the easiest items to fake, but saying that, I have an original (I knew the man who wore it) that contradicts Hardy's points 1 and 2. Please see the scan.

I actually think that if you stamped a tag today and left it in salt water for a while, no one could say with certainty that it was original or not barring silly spelling mistakes.

I should add the this tag was issued late war which may account for the non SS runes.

Tony

Nice Tag Tony!

- without the provenance it would be highly suspicious -

and it does contradict my points 1 and 2,

Quote: "I should add the this tag was issued late war which may account for the non SS runes"

but the low serial number in Andre's Tag makes my first two poins valid.

- unless Andre's tag is a late war replacement (they couldn't find the runes and because the war ended soon there are no wear marks)

Hardy

I totally agree with all you have said Hardy.

If my tag didn't have the provenance and luckily I also have the Soldbuch to back it up, it would probably win the worldwide highly suspicious non text book tag compitition 5 years on the trot.

Andr?, I think you may find just as many people saying your tag is good, as you will those who dismiss it. As Hardy said, it could be a late war replacement but probably can't be proven either way.

Tony

Thanks for the reply's Hardy and Tony.

I Have no clue when it comes to dog tags so I really appreciate all help.

I have seen some SS dog tags that don't have the runes, but the normal "S".

Weitze, kai winkler and Peter has dog tags with normal "S" on their ss dog tags for sale and I have also seen some at WA forum.

I guess these items are very easy to make so I'll never really know if mine is real or just another copy.

I bought it with a lot of german items and all the other items are originals, but that does not prove that the dog tag is.

Hopefully this is a good one :-)

Best regards,

Andr

Hi Andre'

I think most of us have some dubious items - in the end you have to decide how you feel about it. If you like it you keep it. It's as simple as that.

All the Best, Hardy

Tony, I would really like to see some pages of that Soldbuch. :cool: