News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

J-Feder 504 Time Delayed Detonator

Mike

I?ve had one of these for years but , Just bought another one today ! Unlike my first one ..this one is complete including 3 capture Papers and the Manual (serial numbered to the device)

For those who aren?t familiar with them , The Feder was a Time Delayed Clockwork Detonator adjustable for either up to 10 minutes or a maximum of 21 Days.

Years ago I remember reading how as Units would pull back (Eastern Front), they?d choose the nicest building that was still ?habitable? and rather than burn or destroy it ..they?d dig out the floor and place Hundreds of pounds of explosives with a Feder 504 set to detonate anywhere up to 21 days later.

They?d also plant a few smaller explosives in the building so the Russians could easily find/remove them and think they were safe.

As they continued to pull back ..they?d destroy all other buildings leaving only the ?nice one? with the Feder ticking away ..in the hopes that a Soviet HQ or Officers would make it their Home. :unsure:

Edited by Mike

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: That is a wild souvenir-- does it say who he mailed it home TO?

"Hi ma! I always figured you'd like one of these...!" :speechless1::speechless1:

:Cat-Scratch: That is a wild souvenir-- does it say who he mailed it home TO?

"Hi ma! I always figured you'd like one of these...!" :speechless1::speechless1:

I agree :cheers: ..he must have sent it home in another box because there are no shipping labels on the case.

Maybe he thought he could turn it into an Alram Clock ? :rolleyes:

As far as a "War Souvenir" , these are out of the ordinary but an interesting story behind them.