News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rommanian Comemorative Medal for the 1989 Revolution.

Hallo Gents :beer:

I picked this up at the Collectors Fair / Meeting in Brasov.

(For the first time it was held in the International Trade Center which is a great venue

far better, than the old factory canteen located in the Industrial Estate Area of the city.

The medal is one of a series, that commemorate the Peoples Rebellion of 1989

and I hope to add pictures of the others shortly.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

Is this an official medal, or a self-purchase souvenir type badge?

One of the defining moments of my life was hearing that crowd roar back at Ceausescu on TV before they cut the cameras. A glorious noise-- and one which neither "side" in my own country ever dreams will happen to them. :rolleyes:

Is this an official medal, or a self-purchase souvenir type badge?

One of the defining moments of my life was hearing that crowd roar back at Ceausescu on TV before they cut the cameras. A glorious noise-- and one which neither "side" in my own country ever dreams will happen to them. :rolleyes:

Hallo Rick :cheers:

I have to admit I dont yet have details on the criteria for this medal and the others in the series.

There is another type, on a pin-back broach, which I know was issued to members of the population for either the ultimate sacrifice in the Revolution or active participation in "combat" agaunst the Securitate, Police, Army during the Revolution.

Again, I must verify its correct title, its shown here with the lapel pin.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

post-950-1180889479.jpeg

There is another type, on a pin-back broach, which I know was issued to members of the population for either the ultimate sacrifice in the Revolution or active participation in "combat" agaunst the Securitate, Police, Army during the Revolution.

Again, I must verify its correct title, its shown here with the lapel pin.

This is a commemorative award, Ordinul "Victoria Revoluţiei Rom?ne din Decembrie 1989" (The Order of the Victory of the Romanian Revolution of December 1989), established in 1996 (this makes it the first award of the new republic).

Guest Rick Research

Oh, woe! That is incredibly HIDEOUS!!!!!! :banger:

How can the enamel ribbon bar be worn with normal cloth ribbon bars? :speechless1:

Oh, woe! That is incredibly HIDEOUS!!!!!! :banger:

How can the enamel ribbon bar be worn with normal cloth ribbon bars? :speechless1:

Hallo Rick, :beer:

I believe that most recipiants are civilians, as for any military or police who would have been granted this, it probably gets slapped onto the uniform beside the cloth ribbon bars, although I have to say, you dont seem to see all that much salad dressing on uniforms at any official functions (the tv newscrews are notorious for not showing any decorations except for long distance shots :( )

There are new service medals issued but the quality of them is very poor, I attach a picture of some Service Medals modeled on the old Royal type the ribbons look and feel like they were knitted by a grandmother somewhere as opposed to a fine weave.

I will scan some documents with regards the new medals to replace the old types and some of these medals are for WW2 veterans to replace medals that were banned under the communists, the information with regards the medals is in Romanian only, but there are some coloured drawings.

Hi Carol I :beer:

thanks for the identification of the Order: Ordinul "Victoria Revoluţiei Rom?ne din Decembrie 1989"

As for the other awards I think they are sold / issued by Veterans of the Revolution of 1989 Commities who got fed up waiting to be recognised by the State.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

• 3 weeks later...