News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My First Heer Krimschild

Hello Gents,

I am posting my pics of my first Heer Krim Shield that I picked up on my recent trip to Victoria, BC. I have always liked the arm shields and I hope to also pick up a Narvik soon. This one is magnetic on the shield itself and the backplate, and has a bit of rust on it and some tarnish. All in all, it is in pretty good shape with some original cloth still visible (top part) and the grey army cloth between the metal is pretty rusty, but I don't mind not having a mint example as long as it was actually worn. I would guess this was a worn example that was torn off the jacket as a souvenir as it is a little bit bent and the cloth is almost all torn off. I don't dare pry the reverse prongs up to have a look at the remaining cloth but the wool is rusty around the edges. I was just wondering if anyone knew the maker of this one and if someone has a similar example to show.

Also, I am pretty confident in its originality, but if it is not for some reason, please let me know, but I picked it up at the biggest militaria store in BC and they have a good reputation so I am not too worried. Larry will post my pics for me (Thanks again Larry, you're the best!) as I am still computer challenged and unable to post pics, so they might not appear for a couple days, but have a look when Larry posts them.

Cheers and lets see yours!

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Peter, and welcome to the forum!

I was pretty confident in it as well, and I'm glad you agree on its originality. Like I mentioned, it may or may not be maker marked as I do not dare to peel the pins back as they appear very brittle so any guesses on maker will have to be by design and production only. Seems to be a daunting task to me, but perhaps someone has an idea on the maker.

Cheers and thanks for all comments!

Pat

Thanks Peter, and welcome to the forum!

I was pretty confident in it as well, and I'm glad you agree on its originality. Like I mentioned, it may or may not be maker marked as I do not dare to peel the pins back as they appear very brittle so any guesses on maker will have to be by design and production only. Seems to be a daunting task to me, but perhaps someone has an idea on the maker.

Cheers and thanks for all comments!

Pat

Hi Pat......I'm pretty sure this shield below is te same as the one you posted.........Peter

It does appear very close. The eagles head and wings are a perfect match, and even the wear patterns on the eagles legs and the other high parts are similar. I cannot really discern any apparent differences, so it could be indeed of the same maker. I also see yours has just a touch of the rust starting that has already rusted a bit of mine. I take it your example is an unknown maker, Peter?

Cheers,

Pat

Hi Pat...yes the shields posted are by an unknown maker but original. The best way I've found of comparing shields is the shape of the numbers in the date and looking at the coastlines around the shield and of course the eagles head which differs on each makers shield.

KR............Peter