News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mike - Your info was helpful to me. I picked up a 1915 dated Prussian Pickelhaube on a wim at an estate in Iowa nearly 20 years Ever since watching Hogan's Hero's as a child and seeing one on Colonel Klink's desk I've wanted one. Kevin

Mike - Your info was helpful to me. I picked up a 1915 dated Prussian Pickelhaube on a wim at an estate in Iowa nearly 20 years Ever since watching Hogan's Hero's as a child and seeing one on Colonel Klink's desk I've wanted one. Kevin

Here is the first result, Kiwi polish and soap and water

I'm just in the process of cleaning up a few of my less than perfect condition helmets, just bulling them up with a bit of spit (well, tap water because it's less greasy) & polish & lightly cleaning the metal work with some brasso wadding, not bulling everything up to a parade shine, just smartening up a little, One of the Prussian helmets appears to have yellow metal fittings, but it's just possible with close inspection to make out that they are white metal, so just enough cleaning to show silver coloured highlighting on the black toned eagle wappen rather than matt gold coloured.

I take care not to bury traces that indicate the originality or otherwise of the wappen etc to the helmet under polish etc.

A similar condition helmet to the Wurtemburg helmet shown here arrived an hour or so ago, but to a Bavarian officer. Much as I hate to do it, I will at some point have to strip some fittings off in order to remove 2 badly painted & presumably repro other ranks silver & light blue cockades blue & white cockades from under the rims of the side posts - I assume that they are repro although they have been repainted in situ & one has been painted over red, white & black.

Arriving with this helmet was a Bavarian Other Ranks Reservists helmet in far better condition, so just a light clean up, & the addition of repro chinstrap & cockades for this one.

Unless anybody knows where I can get some genuine chinstraps, Reich cockades, an Oldenburg cockade, Bavarian OR & officers cockades?

And I need a Prussian Garde officers tschako wappen & field cockade too........

I'm just in the process of cleaning up a few of my less than perfect condition helmets, just bulling them up with a bit of spit (well, tap water because it's less greasy) & polish & lightly cleaning the metal work with some brasso wadding, not bulling everything up to a parade shine, just smartening up a little, One of the Prussian helmets appears to have yellow metal fittings, but it's just possible with close inspection to make out that they are white metal, so just enough cleaning to show silver coloured highlighting on the black toned eagle wappen rather than matt gold coloured.

I take care not to bury traces that indicate the originality or otherwise of the wappen etc to the helmet under polish etc.

A similar condition helmet to the Wurtemburg helmet shown here arrived an hour or so ago, but to a Bavarian officer. Much as I hate to do it, I will at some point have to strip some fittings off in order to remove 2 badly painted & presumably repro other ranks silver & light blue cockades blue & white cockades from under the rims of the side posts - I assume that they are repro although they have been repainted in situ & one has been painted over red, white & black.

Arriving with this helmet was a Bavarian Other Ranks Reservists helmet in far better condition, so just a light clean up, & the addition of repro chinstrap & cockades for this one.

Unless anybody knows where I can get some genuine chinstraps, Reich cockades, an Oldenburg cockade, Bavarian OR & officers cockades?

And I need a Prussian Garde officers tschako wappen & field cockade too........

Leigh, I also would love to find a source for odds and ends, but to include uniform bits , hussar and Ulan belts, cords etc, and with the amount of odd pickelhaubes around it would be great to have access to odds and ends