News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all. I didn't see a particular place for things like this so I just chose an area. This eagle looks as though it hung on a bulding or maybe a door. It looks like a political eagle to me but I really have no idea. It was brought back by a vet with the 6th armored division. He had it stuck in a duffel bag that was left to his nephew. I'd appreciate any info. The dimensions are as follows.

1.) Wing tip to wing tip is 8.5 inches

2.) Top of the eagle's head to the outside bottom of the wreath is 6.75 inches

3.) Outside diameter of the wreath is roughly 3.75 inches

4.) Inside diameter of the wreath is roughly 2.25 inches

5.) The swastika is roughly 2.25 both horizontally and vertically point to point.

6.) The weight is approx. 1lb. 10oz..

Hi Paul. I agree. I've not been able to match it to any organizational eagle that I can find. But it does have that political/civilian look. I had one person tell me that he thought it was a police/security eagle. Beats me.

Mike

Well, I've been trying to find out more about this piece and, although I'm not able to find a whole lot, it seems that it may not be what it was thought to be. I've found people saying these have been quite common among flea markets in Europe. They made one with a set up on the reverse that enabled it to be propped up on a desk. It's most likely just a postwar creation. :(

Mike