News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Tropical SS Sleeve Eagle

Hi folks. I got this from a good friend awhile back and after doing some checking and asking around I deduced that it was a fake. Somebody told me that it was a common "Peg Leg" fake. My friend returned my money but told me to keep the eagle. Well, recently, somebody asked about a new dealer they ran across. I visited the site yesterday and happened to see a Waffen-SS sleeve eagle still attached to the uniform fabric. That eagle, except for the thread color, is exactly like mine. He calls it original, even stating that this is the way you like to find them. So now I'm wondering who is right. Is my eagle a fake? If so, that would make his a fake too right? If his is real that would make mine real right? Somebody help unconfuse this feeble brain of mine. :unsure:

Mike

more. And here's the link.

http://screamneagle.com/gwwii30.html#two

[/quote

Hello ,

In my humble opinion both are fakes . All of these uncut cloth items that are uncut and look like fresh and new are just that , new ! Even an original item are 60 plus years has to show some type of age to it .

The other eagle I believe is fake also and as a trick to fool a potential buyer the repro item is sewn onto a piece of cloth to make it look like it was cut off of a real uniform .

These are items I would not be happy with in my collection .

Best Regards,

Joe