News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spain - Spanish collar badges

Paul L Murphy

I picked up two sets of Spanish collar badges over the weekend at a flea market. The first pair are very nice enamelled with a screback fitting. I am presuming they are officer quality cavalry corps but would be grateful for confirmation.

The second pair are not as good but still enamelled with loops for split pins on the reverse. Are these Infantry badges and later officer's pieces, or earlier other ranks pieces ?

Grateful for all help in pinning these down more accurately.

Cheers,

Paul

The Uniformity Rules of 1943, during more than 40 years, believe these "rombus-portaemblemas", being defined their dimensions for 48 millimeters of high and 35 of wide

The colors of the bacground initially were:

- Git: for the rank badges of general officials

- Red, with gilt border, for Chiefs, Official and NCO, with the emblem of the Arm, Crops, or Service

- Of red cloth for Troop, with the emblem of the Arm, Crops, or Service

Numerous versions of these rank badges exist, possibly one for each maker, there being size variations, back hooks, reverse, forms of the emblems, metals, quality of the enamels, and there are even them of jeweler's, in charge expressly that make quite difficult to be able to date the time

They were taken well in the neck of the warring ones of the parade uniforms, well on a leather support, in some combat uniformities

I include some samples of this emblem of Infantry with variants: ENAMEL TWO DOS PIECES, PLASTIC, METAL AND CLOTH, PLATE FLAT, PLATES IN COLORED RELIEF, REFINED ENAMEL, ENAMEL RELIEF,

• 6 years later...

Condition is not so good with broken enamel and "bomb" isn't centered; but here's an artillery collar badge.

(My son got this for some pocket change at a flea market in Barcelona a few years ago; got to give him credit for thinking of Dad!)