News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugo Items Spotted at Central Army Museum in Moscow

Guest Rick Research

Also extremely noteworthy in that highly decorated senior (1918 veteran who survived the extermination of the Great Purge which fell heavier on the navy than anywhere else! :speechless1: ) naval officer's group is the 1950 Chinese South Central Front badge at lowest left-- NOT where a Soviet NAVAL "advisor" would have been expected!

Any name for that person?

Dear Vic,

many thanks for showing these items :cheers: .

I guess, that the "Order of Brotherhood & Unity" 1cl & 2cl had been the most common decoration to Soviet Forces with the "Partisan Star" - in all 3 classes - as the runner up.

I think, that the Red Army soldiers & officers got the different classes of these orders according to their rank :unsure: ?

Has anyone informations about YU-decorations to Soviet Forces - did they stop in 1948 and went the confering on in the 1960s :unsure: ?

I can imagine, that a really hughe number of YU-Orders went to the Red Army.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Also extremely noteworthy in that highly decorated senior (1918 veteran who survived the extermination of the Great Purge which fell heavier on the navy than anywhere else! :speechless1: ) naval officer's group is the 1950 Chinese South Central Front badge at lowest left-- NOT where a Soviet NAVAL "advisor" would have been expected!

Any name for that person?

I think its Admiral Харламовб :unsure:

Order of Victory

Guest Rick Research

Ah. Nikolai Mikhailovich Kharlamov (1905-1983) shows these Orders, including the Yugoslav 1st Class (1951) but he was NOT entitled to the 1938 Jubilee, having joined in 1922. And his position as Commander of the "8th Fleet" February 1950-December 1954 doesn't seem (?) to have placed him in that part of China...

so perhaps somebody else's awards have been mixed in.

Ah. Nikolai Mikhailovich Kharlamov (1905-1983) shows these Orders, including the Yugoslav 1st Class (1951) but he was NOT entitled to the 1938 Jubilee, having joined in 1922. And his position as Commander of the "8th Fleet" February 1950-December 1954 doesn't seem (?) to have placed him in that part of China...

so perhaps somebody else's awards have been mixed in.

Ah thats very intresting, may be some Soviet Misinformation there :cheeky::unsure:

Order of Victory

Ah. Nikolai Mikhailovich Kharlamov (1905-1983) shows these Orders, including the Yugoslav 1st Class (1951) but he was NOT entitled to the 1938 Jubilee, having joined in 1922.

Dear Rick,

as far, as I have seen, the regulations for getting the "XX-years-RKKA"-Medal were not so strict. There a lot of cases of awardees, who joined the Red Army later and got also that - very prestigious - medal.

Best regards :beer:

Christian